pvp system

All regular english sagramore related conversations can be held here.

pvp system

Postby woogiej » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 pm

hey everyone,
I just started playing and I'm wondering what type of pvp system this game has?
I can't seem to find any info anywhere.
woogiej

Re: pvp system

Postby maever » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey Woogiej,

We are thinking of doing arena-style pvp matches, the game really does focus on PvE (player vs environment) mostly.
Mostly balancing aspects come into play as the rules are different for PvP then they are for PvE.

Within an arena we could more balance matches with a select set of gear / items.
With the sky as our limit we don't stay inside.
http://www.mmorpg-browser.com http://www.web-mmo.com
maever
Project Admin
Project Admin

Re: pvp system

Postby Denian » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I like the idea of arena-based PVP, you can go many ways with these, but sadly it also has some limitations, but.. luckely, you can overcome these! By using multiple arena's. Here's a list of my personal view on pros and cons I'd like to share, feel free to discuss or disregard them!

Pros
The obvious reason, limitations by level, skills, gear, etc... so you don't have the overpowered running around PKing the weaker!
You can add different styles of arena's: regular deathmatches, team deathmatches, maybe some more tactical ones like protecting your teams king/queen, capturing the flag, king of the hill, ... (depending on how big the community is) This will provide a lot of variety and will keep people interested and more active in PVP.

Cons
If you have an active PVP community they'd probably love to share an more open ground. They'd rather not be limited by their level, skills or gear (whatever you have intented) and you'll have these at both low and high levels. I'd suggest you open up one arena in free-for-all style!
Denian

Return to General chat